Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Why I Stopped Trying to "Connect" with God!

In the Name of Allah(God), the Beneficent, the Merciful...the Best Knower.

Many of us have probably heard others (or even ourselves) speak of their utter dissatisfaction with their current circumstances in life; sometimes to the extent that they express a sincere desire to "connect with God" in hopes of finding relief from the confusion and despair that their condition has brought them to.

Lately, however, I have been pondering over this phenomenon; as I, myself, have been in similar situations more times than I care to recount. One day, it occurred to me that, for all my desperate sincerity, my attempts to "connect" with God were, in all honesty, quite useless -- and in truth, could never have been anything other than useless.

"Why?", you may ask. "How on earth could it ever be useless to try to connect with God? Don't you want to be connected with your Creator?"

Fair question... What follows is the essence of my answer.

"God formed man of the dust of the earth, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of Life, and man became a living soul." -Holy Bible

"Surely, I am going to create a mortal of sounding clay, of black mud fashioned into shape. So when I have made him complete, and breathed into him of my Spirit, fall down, making obeisance to him." -Holy Qur'an

The reason that I concluded that it is useless for me to try to "connect" with God is that, when I reflect upon the passages above, I realize that I always have been, am now, and always will be..."CONNECTED" to God. ...Not because of any effort on my part, but because when God Created me, from the Essence of His Own Being, there was already an unbreakable Connection between God and myself. From the instant that I was conceived in the Womb of my Mother (PBUH), to this present moment as you read these words, and for the rest of my natural Life, I am "unbreakably" connected to my God; and no one -- not even I -- can change that!

Although this wonderful realization from God -- that I am never, and never can be, "disconnected" from Him -- brought me much relief, spiritually; I was still left with the question of the cause of my past feelings of being "disconnected".

Upon closer study of the Teachings of the Hon. Elijah Muhammad, and of the Scriptures, it became clearer to me that my feelings of "disconnectedness" from God were the result of being out of Harmony with the Will of God and with His Divine Purpose for my Life! I was out of Harmony with my own Divine Nature!

But why?

God says, in the Bible, "My people are destroyed for the lack of knowledge." ..Not that their bodies were destroyed, but their Peace and Power were destroyed because they did not have the Knowledge of their Divine Connection to Almighty God, nor the Knowledge of how to Benefit from that Connection.

So it was, and is, with me. Although I am never "disconnected" from God, I realize that without the Knowledge of how to use that Connection, and/or without the will or desire to Cultivate that Connection, I do not have what I need of Knowledge and Power to effectively deal with the challenges of Life, both material and spiritual.

However, as I continue to pray; as I continue to seek and receive Guidance through study; as I continue to put in practice those principles discovered in my study, I am reminded that my Connection to God is as Real as HE is, and that I am never -- at any time -- disconnected from Him. I am never -- at any time -- disconnected from His Favor, His Love, His Power, His Spirit; and I find that it is just as true for me as it was for the Apostle Paul, or any other, when he said, "In Him I live, move and have my being," for I am in Him...and I’m beginning to see that He is in me.

He is with me, always...even unto the end of the world!

That Knowledge gives me Peace.

What about you?

RM

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM PDT

    Thank you Brother. I read your blogs from time to time and I always enjoy them. Today however, I actually needed it. Thank you for allowing Allah to use you as a vessel to convey that message to me.

    Your Brother in Faith,
    Shawn 2x
    Muhammad's Mosque #3
    Milwaukee, WI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise Be to Allah!

    I am grateful to be of service.

    Ramadan Mubarak!

    RM

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Salam Alaikum Brother Reuben,
    I love this Blog and it also brings me peace. I just posted this ty o my FB page!! I was looking for a blog about Easter. May Allah continue to bless you and the family Sis Regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. W'Salaam, Sis. Regina! I thank Allah that you found it helpful! May He continue to Bless and Keep us all!

    ReplyDelete