Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Importance of Marriage

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful...the Best Knower.
I bear witness that there is no god but Allah,And I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah.

One day, a few months ago, I was a part of a conversation with some of my "conscious" brothers and sisters, and the question of the value or importance of marriage came up. The question was essentially, "Do people really have to be married to have a successful relationship? " Of course, my answer was "yes", but it was a challenge for me to explain "why" in terms that not-so-religious minded people could receive.

So, I asked myself, "Where does marriage fit into the Universal Order of things? Since we are all part of the same Universe, and are therefore affected and governed by the same set of Universal Laws, which essentially stem from One All-Encompassing Law, then Marriage, if it is indeed of God, must be a part of that Universal Order somehow...but how?"

So I began thinking about the nature of Marriage - two people coming together in an effort to become one in mind and purpose - and looked for other examples of that dynamic in Nature.
Eventually, it came to me..."the Originator". What took place between the "Electricity" in the Darkness and the "Material" of the Darkness was a Divine Union...a fusion between the Male and Female PRINCIPLES in Nature, which produced a Spark...the first Spark of Life. This is how "Life" began in our Universe, and since that time, this is how Life has continued - with the interaction between Energy and Matter, Electric and Magnetic, Positive and Negative, Male and Female.

What I discovered, by Allah's Grace, in looking at this is that the "marriage" between Spirit and Matter was IRREVERSIBLE! It was a COMMITTED Union, and was the ONLY way that Life could have been brought about. Just imagine...if the constituent parts of that first Atom of Life "divorced" from each other, or somehow failed to come together as one...where would we be? Where would the Universe be?

Then, as we are taught, the Originator, after Creating Himself, Created a Second Self; and one of the Purposes for Creating a Second Self (Woman) was so that He could REPRODUCE Himself...reproduce LIFE...reproduce the act of Self-Creation. ..reproduce the "marriage" between Spirit and Matter, or Male and Female; and He made it so that even the very life germs of both Male and Female re-enact that Original "Marriage"; and it, too, is a COMMITTED union...it is IRREVERSIBLE. ..and because of that, New Life is produced.

Then it became clearer to me that it is in the very Nature of us, from the Beginning of Time, to seek a COMMITTED and IRREVERSIBLE Union with our Natural Compliment, because by Nature we know that is the Only way that Life is Produced and Sustained.

And then, it came to me from the Lessons:
"Have you not learned that your word shall be bond, regardless of whom or what? Yes, My word is Bond and Bond is Life, and I will give my Life before my word shall fail."

I thank Allah for helping me to see the UNIVERSAL application of the institution of "Marriage", because it has made me to understand just that much more how Sacred Marriage is.

May Allah continue to Bless and Keep us all.

RM

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:34 AM PDT

    All Praise is Due to Allah, I was searching for this today and Found it. I couldn't find it on your facebook but I goggled it. I need to make copies to study right along side some material I have from Mother Tynnetta Muhammad, a special Mothers Day Message from her in San Diego. I thank Allah for your Gift Brother Reuben and I am working on bringing up the God Force in me. Your writings encourage me as a student. Success to You. Sister Latricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:41 PM PST

    wow that was my comment and I see more today than then. Thank you Bro Reuben Sister Latricia

    ReplyDelete